Friday, November 1, 2013

826 Seattle

While in Seattle staying at the Hyatt, there was a bookmark on our nightstand telling about 826 Seattle, a nonprofit writing and tutoring center located in the back of a store, The Greenwood Space Travel Co. 
The list of workshops offered is definitely even a reluctant writer's dream:  National Novel Writing  Month, Music Inspiration, Open Studio, to name a few.  Looking further, in-school workshops and field trips are also listed amongst the offerings.  
Drooling at all of the class choices, I was disappointed to learn the closest 826 to me is located in Chicago, a five-hour trek.  Ugh!


When I returned home, I started paging through my latest Barnes and Noble buy, Don't Forget to Write for the Secondary Grades.  Comprised of motivational ideas for writing workshops, I found the ideas could easily be translated into the college classroom.  Come to find out, this writing resource is an 826 National publication.  Kismet!

No comments:

Post a Comment