Sunday, July 17, 2011

Learn More about YA Author Stacey Darlington

A film that brings tears to your eyes . . .Mary Queen of Scots, starring Vanessa Redgrave springs to mind. I saw it as a child was was deeply affected by her execution and the way she accepted it so elegantly. I usually don't watch sad movies.

Describe your first kiss...
My "best friend" stole a kiss from me when I was eight while we were playing cowboys and Indians...I punched him out! haha

Your favorite children's book, and why
. . .I will always love Where The Wild Things Are. I have an affinity towards monsters and the misunderstood....later I was all about Nancy Drew and Alfred Hitchcock.

A cause that's closest to your heart, and why . . .
Literacy for young people. I found such an escape in reading when I was a child. It's a blessing to be able to enter a fantasy world away from a sometimes turbulent household. I also do volunteer work at children's homes...my mother was an orphan.

If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be?
Noelle Page...Forever Amber

Explain the worst job that you've held...
Working at KFC when I was 16, had to clean the oil and mop the floors. I still found a way to enjoy it, though.

A quote that motivates you . . .
To the victor go the spoils

The title of the one song you would take with you to that deserted island. . . Cheeseburgers in Paradise

Three Wishes
   1. That my book series catches on and becomes successful
   2. To make enough money to help the hungry and homeless in a BIG way
   3. That the people on this planet would stop hating and battling and become spiritual and peaceful

Favorite game you played as a child . . .
A card game I invented with my best friend to practice our ESP. We would take turns hiding a penny beneath one of the fifty two cards we had arranged in a circle. We would move our hand over the cards and select the one that hid the penny. We both got it on the first try every time. I also liked Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. I have always been drawn to the occult and supernatural.

Stacey Darlington

1 comment:

  1. Loved watching Hitchcock movies as a tween/teen and ended up buying a VHS boxed set from Sam's in my twenties. I thought I had scored on that purchase!

    ReplyDelete