Monday, May 5, 2014

Learn More about Author Andrew Way

A film that brings tears to your eyes . . .
We Were Soldiers

Describe your first kiss.
I was very nervous. As I never kissed another before, I wasn't sure what to do. Thankfully, she took control and I left everything to her.
 
Your favorite children's book, and why . . .
Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" has to be my favorite. No matter how many books I have read to my boys, this is always the one we all can recite.
 
A cause that's closest to your heart, and why . . .
Recognition to our fallen soldiers and sailors. I am a veteran and I know how it feels to be pushed aside. Giving fellow veterans their due is important to me. Many have sacrificed much so others may live.
 
If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be and why?
Sturm Brightblade in the Dragonlance novels by Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman. Sturm exemplifies a man of honor and sacrifice. By the end of the series, he gives his life in defense of his country.
 
Explain the worst job that you've held. 
I never really had one. Each had their own unique characteristic and I left each with great experiences. Now, I did work for McDonald's for one day. So, I suppose it could be said that was my worst job.
 
A quote that motivates you . . .  
"Leave everything you do better than it was when you arrived. Even if it means sharpening a pencil."

An old supervisor told me that.

 
Three Wishes . . .
To be debt free.

To be able to control time.

The Cincinnati Reds to win a World Series again.
 
The title of that one song you would take with you on that deserted island. . .
Moving On by Asking Alexandria
 
Favorite game you played as a child . . .
Stickball
 
 
What would you like readers to take away from your writing?
An understanding that not everything in life will go as planned. Those bumps, pitfalls, and challenges experienced are not just there to make for a bad day, but to prepare for what is to come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment