Monday, December 9, 2013

Takedown Twenty Book Club

Greeted with Janet Evanovich's Takedown Twenty by my hub after a business trip with the inscription, "Morelli has nothin' on me!" I knew I would be occupied for the next 24-48 hours. . . reading, and I have been.  Hooked, rather,  would more accurately describe my state of being.

The story had me from page one and especially from page seven:

. . . when Ranger walked in. . . . His body is perfect . . . of Latino heritage. . . .He's sexy, smart, and sometimes scary, and frequently overprotective of me. . . . Ranger smiled ever so slightly and took a step closer to me.

Ooh la la!  Intermission break . . .

Other favorite characters make an appearance such as Grandma Mazur, Bella, Morelli, Lula, Connie (and did I mention Morelli?) while others such as Kevin the giraffe lend essential elements to the plot twists as a whole.

For the purposes of book club, one may opt for the cow tongue or whole smoked pig, but I think I would opt for Morelli's famous wings dipped in his special bleu cheese sauce.

1 comment: