Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Learn More about Author Boris Kiesse-Makangu

A film that brings tears to your eyes . . .
RAY

 
Describe your first kiss. 
It was in Paris, under a tree by a nice summer night. I was shy, so was she. We took a little while before we kissed but the kiss was even longer. It was long, soft and lovely. I will never forget this!
 

Your favorite children's book, and why . . .
Dragon Ball Z. It's a Manga ( Japanimation ) of one of the best Manga I ever seen when I was young. I learned how to appreciate a book by beginning to read this book.

 
A cause that's closest to your heart, and why . . .
Racism and Africa in general. Since I have been in Angola ( Africa ) in 2013 to see my roots and family and cannot see world the same way as before, and my actions cannot be the same as well. I saw people were really suffering even people from my own family. I try to stay close to my rich culture and never forget where I really come from even though I was born and raised in France. I consider myself as an " African in mission "! Racism because I faced it really often and really young. It's an issue we must stop.
  
 
If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be and why?
My knowledge in novel is really weak so I cannot tell. But I wish I could be a kind of hero who started from nothing but reached the top and helped his family and never forget his journey and where he came from.

 
Explain the worst job that you've held.
All my experiences were different. But I will say this summer job in France when I was taking out the trash of rich people. It was hot and people were rude. I learned a lot about this experience.

 
A quote that motivates you . . . 
"Failure is not an option."

 
The title of the one song you would take with you on that deserted island . . .
 Curious Pimpin by Tony Yayo & 50 Cent

 
Three Wishes
- Reach my dream and become a professional soccer player
- Never forget where I came from and always stay the same
- Make my family and friends proud of the man they grew up with/raised


 
Favorite game you played as a child . . .
Soccer
 
 
What would you like readers to take away from your writing?
 My experiences and my vision of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment