Thursday, March 27, 2014

Learn More about Author Bradley Groleau

A film that brings tears to your eyes . . .  
Blind Side

Describe your first kiss.
My first kiss was during the summer going into 7th grade. I was with a whole bunch of my friends on a beautiful Friday night. All of us decided to go for a walk in our neighborhood. Some of the other couples split up and went their separate ways. Brianna and I did the same. We ended up sitting on a bench with the moonlight shining down. I had my first kiss. We sat there after the kiss for about two minutes not saying a word. The moment was awkward. Finally we decided to walk back to the house where we met back up with all of our friends.
 
Your favorite children's book, and why . . .
My favorite childhood book is The Heat by Mike Lupica. The main character in this fictional story is Michael. He is a 12 year old boy from Cuba who is a great pitcher. His coaches say he is too good to be only 12 years old. Being from Cuba, Michael does not have a birth certificate. Michael's best friend and brother help Mike in many ways that convince the coaches that he can play little league baseball. Mikes team makes it to the Little League World Series. He then is able to go to Yankee Stadium and meet his favorite pitcher El Grande. 

A cause that's closest to your heart, and why . . .
A cause that is very close to my heart is the IVAR foundation. I have always loved animals and especially dogs. I have a dog at my home, and I love him dearly. I have a good friend back home who works for IVAR. I visit her when I can, and I help caring for the dogs. I started volunteering my time towards the IVAR foundation after I saw pictures of Michael Vick hosting dog fights. Seeing those pictures was sickening. Caring for dogs is a heartwarming experience, and I am proud to say that I volunteer my time towards IVAR which is a such a good foundation.  
 
If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be and why?
I would be Atticus Finch from the novel To Kill a Mockingbird. Atticus was a great father and taught his children how to be great people and amazing role models. More importantly, Atticus defended a black man, Tom Robinson, in a rape case. Atticus knew Tom was a good man who did not commit rape. At that time supporting a black man was slim to none. But no matter what the circumstances were Atticus made the right decision. He was a man that did not get distracted by outside forces but rather focused on the task at had and conquered it.

Explain the worst job that you've held. 
The worst job I have held was being a painter for my local YMCA during the summer. There were some long and hard days painting those walls. My arms and legs would occasionally get sore. I wore some nice shorts on the job one day and those did not turn out so well. I messed up many times and had to clean up the messes I made. I also am afraid of heights. I had to get up on ladders and paint which was not my cup of tea. I would love to work at the YMCA again this summer but not as a painter.

A quote that motivates you . . . 
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

The title of the one song you would take with you on that deserted island . . . 
The Man by Aloe Blacc

Three Wishes
1) To raise a well rounded family that is strong in the Catholic faith.
2) To receive a job as an Athletic Trainer for a professional sports team.
3) To go on a vacation overseas in either France or Italy.

Favorite game you played as a child . . .
Battlefield  

What would you like readers to take away from your writing?
I want my readers to know that I am direct in my writing and am not afraid to share my feelings. I want my readers to realize that I put much time in my writing and like to use big words occasionally. I also want my readers to realize that I am a motivated person who is passionate about life and is a person who cares for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment