Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love Dare Days 2-4

     Busy with my oldest squirt soon graduating preschool, I have, though, been keeping The Love Dare at the top of my "must-read" pile on my nightstand.  Keeping Day 1, patience, repeatedly at the front of my mind, I simply nodded agreeably when the hub told me as he was walking out the door for work that the air conditioner was broken, and I needed to call someone.  Realizing why I woke in a pool of sweat, I made the call and waited patiently in 90 degree weather with two preschoolers wearing their fussy pants.
     Day 2, love is kind, asks the reader to perform a random act of kindness towards his/her spouse.  Thus, I decided to mow and weed whack the lawn for my beloved in 92 degree weather.  As fate would have it, my mother was in town and able to occupy my two squirts, so I was able to complete the task before the hub returned from work.  Working in the peak heat of the day, the task was complete, but I was soon sitting with my head between my too pale legs and cool washcloths on the back of my neck. 
     Continuing on to the next dare, I am instructed to make a purchase for my spouse that translates to, "I was thinking of you today."  This is a challenge.  My hub has no desire for material things.  He enjoys playing the electric guitar, but I am musically illiterate, so a purchase in that department was out of the question.  Stumped. . .  As luck would have it, though, I decided to peruse the grocery aisle of the local farm supply store.  To my delight, I spied some "Hanky Panky" (honestly, printed on the package) chocolate drizzle caramel corn with peanuts.  Score 1 for me!  As I made a beeline for the check-out, I spotted green apple, a favorite flavor of the hub, licorice.  At this point, I was doing the happy dance on the inside, and I'm sure the young lady checking me out wondered what the deal was with my goofy smile. 
     Finally, Day 4, love is thoughtful.  On a roll, I e-mail the hub the following sweet nothing, "Today, I love you."  Not . . . "What is your e.t.a. for arriving home because the kiddos have gone wild?" . . . not "Hurry!" . . .  not "The humanity . . . ," but instead a line that summarizes my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment